The bestauction.com team uses a three-level approach to protect customer data:
1. Application-Level Security Control
Password hash saltig
Can bestauction.com see my passwords? No. bestauction.com servers only store encrypted and hashed with salt passwords so no one from the bestauction.com team can ever see, read, or reverse engineer to get to your real password.
When you’re ready to permanently leave the bestauction.com, you can delete your account in your Profile / Settings. BestAuction will permanently delete all your data. You can also remove any profile information you’d like while you have active account. Feel free always reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We follow security patterns for hardening, encryption, authentication and authorization. Our security engineers performs regular risk-based threat analysis during development cycles to continually re-evaluate and refine our security posture. To ensure additional security of our platform, we regularly conduct the following security checks:
- Peer design and code review
- Internal vulnerability scans as well as contracts with Approved Scanner Vendors (ASV) to scan for vulnerabilities
- Contracts with top penetration testers to perform offensive and defensive analysis of our application and infrastructure
2. Infrastructure-Level Security Control
All servers are located in the Forpsi data center, https://dc.forpsi.com/en/security.aspx The data center has top technology against DDoS attacks, including hardware firewalls by Cisco and others.
All storage media used in production are enabled with encryption. Further, the bestauction.com application, per configuration, performs application encryption to protection-marked data sets using encryption keys managed by our systems.
The bestauction.com platform architecture sets up an independent network security zone at the Workspace and Vault level to protect data from each customer so access rules are fully customizable and hardened to each environment. Additionally, the network and data segmentation also limits the potential impact from any individual system failures.
bestauction.com infrastructure employs multiple levels of system recovery and data recovery scheme, including as the following:
- Production system data is continuously backed up to ensure low Recovery Point Objective ( RPO ) to minimize data loss during DR
- Production infrastructure operations are streamlined and automated to ensure low Recovery Time Objective ( RTO ) to minimize operation disruption during DR
- All services are deployed on Multi Availability-Zone ( multi-AZ ) setup, clustered and continuously monitored to ensure high availability
- Data backup is cross region to ensure cross region data recovery
- Data is regularly backed up and tested
3. Operation-Level Security Control
Access Control of Customer Data
- Regarding HR policy, we folow the principle of least privilege — engineers are only granted the authorization required to perform their job functions
- We deploy security scanners to ensure all systems are up to date with supported versions and patches
- We maintain baseline configuration for all systems
- All changes to production systems require documented approvals
- All changes to the bestauction.com application require documented engineering review and approvals
System and Information Integrity
- Continuous monitoring of production systems and alerts are set up to ensure systems are performing as designed and comply with service level agreements
- bestauction.com subscribes to threat detection services to monitor health and state of the production system
- bestauction.com customizes rule-based alerts to look for potential threats
- 24×7 staff availability
- Breach notification procedure following compliance and best practices guidelines